Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Facebook in the classroom

After last week's Team Tech Talk, I am even more hestitant to use Facebook in the classroom.  When Steve asked us to log into facebook, I was immediately distracted and not nearly as engaged in the information being presented.  Facebook may have a place in the future of education, but personally I would refuse to use it during class, with the small possibility of using it outside of class time to promote class unity and interactions.  After being introduced to a broad assortment of different technologies, I have an even greater appreciation of eLC. 

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on Facebook. I do not have an account, but see how distracting it can be among others. I would not use it in my class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook in the classroom seems to be an approach that is trying to connect with students using a medium that they like. However, I think that using Facebook because that the "in" thing right now isn't really worth the trouble of monitoring the students' use.

    ReplyDelete